Monday, January 24, 2011

'G' is for Grapes

We are just recently home from another trip interstate so craft time has been a bit limited while we get the house back in order and get our flow going again. Today we did a simple 'finger painting' activity to fit with our letter G theme, Bubble enjoyed it so much I'm going to try and think up other pictures we can make with fingerprints.

WE USED:

* paint (we used purple)
* paint pad (we used a foam tray and wet cotton pads)
* paper
* coloured pencils/felt
* glue

Paint pads made with a foam tray, cotton pads, water and paint.

I cut a stem and some leaves from felt and Bubble glued them to the page. I then drew a grape stalk with brown pencil and we chatted about the different parts before Bubble added the 'grapes' to her picture.

Bubble used the paint pad and her thumb to make prints along the stalks.

Bubbles finished painting of a bunch of purple grapes. She was very particular about where each one went and didnt want to add any more because aparently then they 'would just all fall off!" :-D

2 comments:

  1. I love this. What a fun and beautiful activity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bubble did a great job with her painting! I love the idea of grapes. I've linked up to your post on my weekly favorites here: http://play2grow.blogspot.com/2011/01/weekly-favorites-for-january-30-2011.html

    ReplyDelete